• Mugz
    Qipco 2000 Guineas Stakes (Group 1) (British Champions Series) 1m. (Class 1) 3-y-o

Betting forecast:

10/11 Native Trail
    9/2 Coroebus
    5/1 Luxembourg
    10/1 Perfect Power
    14/1 Point Lonsdale
    20/1 Eydon, Dubawi Legend
    25/1 Checkandchallenge
    33/1 Light Infantry, Royal Patronage
    50/1 Lusail, Boundless Ocean, Berkshire Shadow
    66/1 Tacarib Bay
    100/1 The Wizard Of Eye

Any fancies?
  • Mugz
    I'm going ew with DUBAWI LEGEND @ 25/1 (4 places).

The market has ruled him out of winning but based on the Dewhurst run I think he has every chance of being in the mix 1f out and hopefully get a place. I like the fact that he won impressively first time out and is having his first run of the season. He can be a bit keen so I expect him to be on the pace throughout, but that was no bad thing today and the fast ground will be ideal.
  • Mugz
    Nice promo by RTV :up:

• Mugz
    I find this a very strange market. The betting states that the fav is more likely to lose than win, but there are plenty of horses with solid form at huge prices. I'm sure if you wanted to back a winner today at 11/8 you could find one in a maiden or novice race where 90% of the runners are just having a blow.

I think the fav gets beaten here by speed. I expect him to be ridden off the pace and something will get first run on him and just hold on. So my pick will definitely be in front of the fav for most of the race, and I think PERFECT POWER also comes into it as he has a top speed fig from the Greenham and Fahey is making positive noises.
  • Mugz
    A tad quicker down the centre to far side, which of course could change on a drying day, but hopefully those drawn stands side will take note.
  • Mugz
    The 1.50 played out how I expect the Guineas to. Being on or very near the pace was key and down the middle.
  • Mugz
    The market got that spot on, almost :angry:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.