• Mugz
    Any thoughts? Will post mine shortly.
  • Mugz
    I'm going for IRISH ADMIRAL @ 20/1 (7 places with Skybet).

4 yos might be more fancied but this 5yo is lightly races and I like the fact that he has been running at this level so you are not guessing at whether he is good enough. Yes, there is probably a horse or 2 in here that will go on to run in group races, but if you are getting 20/1 about a horse with solid class 2 handicap form and 7 places then its a bet for me.

The drying ground will suit him and he has won over shorter and run really well over further. The 3rd at York was only his 4th ever run and he looked the likely winner there 1f out. The winner went off to be fav for the John Smiths Cup, and the 2nd and 4th won nto. Jockey S. Dononhue is one of the best on this track with 4yo+ horses with a 16% SR, and the trainers record needs no introduction (watch video above).
  • peregrine
    For what it's worth imo e.way if I play brunch. And it's a big if. One big bet today but that's in meydan. Good luck.
  • Jack Trotter
    Rogue Bear

In a wide open event to the tradtional curtain raiser, I have sought what I suspect could be good value here.

JT
  • peregrine
    Yes which will the bookies nobble I've got a very good idea :up:
  • Mugz
    We got 3rd & 4th. Nice pick Jack, Rogue Bear finished like a train.
  • Jack Trotter
    Yes Mugz. I think a tad unluckly with the way the race panned out in that he was "penned in"early on, however young David Egan kept his head and did not push the panic button, but just allowed the race to develop and then gained the best possible position.

Should win soon though and hopefully keep David Egan on board if available.

JT
  • peregrine
    Good news on my part went to hebden bridge on the pop and no bookies there now as Ladbrokes has gone ! Still would not have had the winner and didn't even bet at meydan as I will never have an online account !
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.