• The Clinic
    Arkle Chase
    1/5 Odds 4 Places
    Coeur Sublime 14/1
    My sort of race. A grade 1 chase with not many runners so there should be no hard luck stories and the best horse wins. Edwardstone. Alan King for a start. Think he's got one of the longest losing runs at the festival. I'm not surprised. You've got the top Irish trainers against him you could lay the horse blind. Even with watching the horse, everything went perfect at Warwick and he beat that dog Third Time Lucki by 4 lengths so that's very beatable form. Then you come to Blue Lord & Riviere D'etel. Don't see why the Elliott horse reverses the form. Blue Lord stayed wide and still beat her giving her weight and Blue Lord is getting 2lb back here. Also she's got headgear and looks quirky. Blue Lord isn't a strong finisher. Rule the pair out for me. Saint Sam was also well beaten in that race. Haut En Couleurs doesn't fit the trends for the winner of this race. Then I come onto Coeur Sublime. I know he didn't beat much last time out but he motored home in the style that he would be very strong up the hill at Cheltenham and that's what I look for. Reminded me of when Chosen Mate won his prep in the same manner at Gowran before Cheltenham then won at Cheltenham too. Had the option to go the Grand Annual with Coeur Sublime but chose this which is a good sign that the horse is bang in form and shows that De Bromhead knows this is a very winnable race. Also put it up to Ferny Hollow on his first outing this year before getting tired. 2nd in the Triumph 3 years ago. Could start off what could be a very good day for Rachael Blackmore. If the horse is settled and jumping well and is travelling turning for home I know what I fancy to come up the hill the best. Definitely a cracking bet with the extra place and the price at 14/1 anyway.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.