• AKD
    Richard Hannon has run 59 two year olds in last fortnight, only 5 of them have won, giving LSP return of -29. At first glance, that looks a poor return, but if you split them by how they had run in their previous race, the horses that had been placed on previous run are 5 from 21, horses that were unplaced in previous run or newcomers are 0 from 38. Record improves further to 5 from 17 if you only include horses that were running within 3 weeks of their last run, giving an LSP of +9. Which brings me to my selection CHATHAM HOUSE (7/2) in the 3:55 at Redcar, who finished 2nd behind a Godolphin newcomer at Salisbury earlier this month. Chatham House has been given a rating of 83, this race last year was won by a horse rated 67, and an 80+ rating is good enough to win a Redcar maiden most times.

Hannon usually has a runner or two in Listed 2 year old trophy, but other than that it’s pretty rare for him to send 2 year olds up to Redcar, he has only sent 3 before, that included 9/4 & 25/1 winners and 9/2 2nd. As well as Chatham House, he has also sent Glorious Dane (11/2) for the nursery at 2:50. My main bet is on CH, but also had a smaller bet on GD and two of them in a small double.

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Ran ok, but only 3rd, disappointing.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.