• BONZO
    Hi All,
    Think that the Irish trained horses will continue tomorrow with their form carrying over
    from Cheltenham and these could be worth taking the following in an E/W Lucky 31 or perhaps E/W Canadian:
    1.45 Aint ....Whirling Dervish......although up another 13lbs has Ricky Doyle riding and taking 3lbs of that away. Excellent young jockey coming for only the one ride and was excellent in winning Irish Grand National on Easter Monday on 150/1 winner.
    2.25 Aint....Ballyadam/Dreal Deal......am going against My Drogo although think he is very good and have backed him every time he has won think perhaps this might be a bigger test for that one. Dreal Deal will also be hard to beat as he is also unbeaten like My Drogo so far this season. However think that Ballyadam gave Appreciate It (a class horse) a good run and except for a jumping error could have been closer. Rachel riding think makes Ballyadam my choice.But do not think Dreal Deal will be far away at the finish.
    3.35 Aint....Diol Ker.....This is highly thought of by Noel Meade and Sean Flanagan knows the horse and is up there with the top Irish jockeys in Ireland. He is certainly up against it with Thyme Hill and Paisley Park to beat but this one is quite unexposed and like Belfast Banter has shown in his last two wins, Diol Ker could progress greatly. This race could put Diol Ker on the map.
    5.15 Aint....Farclas/Burrows Saint .....The Grand National is the big one and probably the most competitive in recent years with Cloth Cap reputed to be over 14lbs well in with only 10st 5lbs but the price is very off putting considering the luck you also need to get around without being hampered or brought down. The two irish horses that i came down to are hard to split. Wiilie Mullins had said that Burrows Saint would be a perfect entry after winning the Irish Grand National and there is some merit in that. He also mentioned Live Love Laugh as also being a possibility for the GN but instead entered it for the Topham around the same course which it won easily. He also now has Patrick his son riding after Paul Townend had to come off due to an injury. However I am going with Farclas which has the excellent Jack Kennedy riding and also carrying a light weight at 10st 3lbs. This horse has also won the Triumph hurdle and the same route as Tiger Roll in same colours. Think the owners could have made a shrewd move with this one and if it stays on its feet and is there in the run in, could be hard to beat.
    6,20 The Gossiper...........if only because its Patrick Mullins riding for Mullins his relations Emmet Mullins and strangely his dad Willie does not have an entry in a "bumper" at Aintree.

Finally my nap of the day is the Richard Hannon trained LAFFAN in the 4.25 Lingfield , a tenner on this at around 5/2/ or 3/1 should cover my E/W Lucky 31 / Yankee at Aintree tomorrow I hope .

Regards,
    BONZO
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.