• peregrine
    Anyone else watch this on Saturday mornings after the racing show ? I know it ain't racing but it's a great to watch . When men were men and some meaty tackles going in. Plus great goals . And players you will have forgot who played for some clubs. As we say the good old days. :up:
  • Mugz
    Yes. :nerd:
  • MrForce
    interesting comment 'When men were men'.
    what unfit, smoking, drunken, gambling washouts:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • Mugz
    'When men were men'.
    what unfit, smoking, drunken, gambling washouts:rofl:
    MrForce

We like to keep that tradition going on here. :razz:
  • Stevie Wonder
    It's brilliant. Love it when player gets hacked down - instead of rolling about, gets up and thumps the perpetrator. Modern players are just a bunch of poofs by comparison. ☺
  • peregrine
    Yes some hard lads back in the day
  • peregrine
    Hunter/ souness/Harris/ liked to mix it and yes Stevie they just got up and carried on . The other week Kenny burns took Ricky villa out. And when you looked he'd got a huge hole right down his sock. Rugby tackles and they didn't get booked :gasp: those were the days :strong:
  • Stevie Wonder
    Jimmy Case deserves a mention
  • Stevie Wonder
    Whilst the game has changed almost beyond recognition and is much faster, for pure adrenalin pumping excitement with fans standing and plying on those mud flats of pitches, I reckon the game was actually more exciting to watch back in in the 70's and eighties. There was undoubtably much more atmosphere in the grounds and what yougster didn't enjoy the odd riot and pitch invasion. Those were the days
  • peregrine
    Yes old j case remember little Franny Lee / Billy Bremner/ Nobby Stiles/ and the list goes on.but like you say the pitches where muddy as hell in a lot of the matches. But these players had respect for each other and played with passion .after the game it was all forgotten. It was played as a sport. Now they think about the money.
  • Stevie Wonder
    Totally agree Mr P. I fear I have turned into a grumpy old man ☹
  • Jack Trotter
    Totally in agreement with you guys.

Nowadays so frustrating with players rolling around like they have be shot.

Would not have survived in the old days.

Players are to quick to dive now and spoils the game for us old fogeys. :rofl:

JT
  • peregrine
    doubt it stevie never be afraid to say what you think,freedom of speech and all that, you think your old ,watching saturdays game. chelsea. player on there ian britton i played against him ,when he turned out for nelson obviously that was later on in his career.a club he managed. now we are glad we can still fasten our shoe laces.
  • Stevie Wonder
    Died a few years ago at just 61. Good player when he was at Burnley and Chelsea.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.