• peregrine
    Getting weight from Gordon Elliots horse I'd be very interested in dark raven from Willie Mullins stable today. Never run before but you can bet your boots this won't be far away.just a fancy chaps good luck on your bets today.
  • peregrine
    Well it won at 5.2 chaps :up:
  • Rodeo
    well done Pere.
  • Doubler
    Well done Peregrine.
  • peregrine
    Thanks rodeo and doubler it won in a decent time.one to keep on side.:up:
  • Jack Trotter
    Well done peregrine.

Bit of a bizarre one with the horse that was leading in this race, that took the "wrong course" and ran out.

Was well clear and seemed to be going well and you could see the panic of the rest of the pack when they were not sure if he had slipped the field.

However the stewards did hold an enquiry and it looked on the whole that it was done to "jockey" error.

In the Racing Post it reported the following

"Amateur rider Aaron Fahey was suspended for 14 days by the Leopardstown stewards after his mount Lake Winnipesaukee took the wrong course off the final bend in the concluding bumper while in a clear lead and with the race possibly at his mercy.

The newcomer pulled his way to the front after about two furlongs and soon opened up a clear advantage. With half a mile to go, before they turned out of the back straight, the Arcadio gelding was still around 13 lengths clear and as they approached the home straight, the chasing group seemed to be making little impression on him. However, events took a turn at that point as Fahey seemed to steer his mount off the track and he ended up on the chase course.

In the inquiry which followed, Fahey stated to the stewards that his saddle had slipped forward, that his mount had been too strong to ride and through a lack of energy he was unable to steer his mount around the final bend onto the correct course.

However, the stewards found that Fahey had been negligent by misjudging the correct course and therefore had failed to attain his best possible placing and was banned for 14 days under rule 212.

The horse is trained by the rider's father Paul, who said: "He is a difficult horse and we haven't been able to run him in a schooling race, and this is the first day he was among horses on an open track. He did get very wound up and I don't really know what happened turning in. It's just one of those things and hopefully everyone will learn.".

JT
  • peregrine
    Thanks JT didn't see the race however did the horse run in any form of head gear.as if they knew the horse as they say difficult to train. One would have thought they would have tried the horse in blinkers. To aid it.
  • Jack Trotter
    Did not notice any headgear peregrine and to be honest I felt the horse would fade away (they used do) but was going well when he ran out.

Might be worth keeping an eye out for when it next runs. I do not buy the jockeys account about the saddle slipping and so did the stewards by the looks of it, his body language did not indicate this and rather than anything dishonest, I just feel he might have said this to avoid admitting his mistake in taking the wrong course and facing a 14 day ban.

If I am right, he would have gone close and maybe have won it.

JT
  • peregrine
    As you say it's we will never know . Whether it would have hung on. Looks like the Mullins horse was ridden by Patrick to conme late. But it's won by some margins from the field looking at it. And comfortably.
  • Jack Trotter
    Yeah, could not say either way peregrine.

You know yourself these run away leaders come back to the field more often than not however some hold it out by getting the field off the steel and dragging them out.

I will log it and look for the next run and might have a low each way on it if the odds are decent.:up:

JT
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.