• Mugz
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/nov/27/newbury-talking-horses-horse-racing-tips

Oisin Murphy, Britain’s champion jockey, has been given a three-month suspension following his positive test for cocaine after riding in France in July, three months shorter than bans served by Frankie Dettori and Kieren Fallon for the same offence in the past, after telling a disciplinary hearing that the positive was due to “environmental contamination”, apparently via sexual contact with a user of the Class A drug.

The decision to ban Murphy for three months was released by the French racing authorities on Friday afternoon, following a disciplinary hearing earlier in the week.

His suspension will run from 11 December to 11 March, which means that Murphy, the favourite to win the Flat jockeys’ championship for the third year running in 2021, will be back in the saddle in time for the start of the title race in May.
  • peregrine
    Should ban him from the start of the season imo. He will be laughing at this . Why didn't he come clean about his naughty night with a coke addict ? Environmental contamination is that the new name for it . Do you really believe his story . Lots will and lots won't. I'm in the I don't believe him not that it matters . I think he's got off lightly but as dettori and fallon were allowed to carry on riding they set a good example to Murphy I must say :roll:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.