• AKD
    This is often a good novice hurdle, Paul Nicholls has dominated this in recent years having won 10 of the last 15 runnings, including with Denman in 2005. 6 other winners of this have gone on to achieve a rating of 140+. This year’s race has been split into two divisions and doesn’t look up to its usual standard especially with most of runners returning from a break, to me this looks weaker of the two divisions but let’s see.

ELECTRON BLEU already has a rating of 122 and ran good 2nd behind The Wolf (now rated 135) at Newcastle in January, admittedly he was receiving weight from the winner. He again finished 2nd back in handicap company next time. I believe if he runs to his rating, then he has a good chance of being competitive in this as he is already proven that he stays this far. Fitness has to be taken on trust, but it’s the same for most of his rivals too. I have little stamina doubts about both Jeremy Pass & Paris Dixie, and this is 2nd run back after a lengthy absence for PD, not saying she can’t win but I am happy to oppose her at these odds. Big danger in my opinion is Sizable Sam, who went very close on his debut here last year before winning next time, he looks sure to be suited by the stamina test.

At big prices, I will be watching Cafe Pushkin (33/1) to see how he runs as it’s always interesting when NTD sends them straight into hurdle races. Not expecting anything as 15 of the last 16 winners of this have been priced no bigger than 15/2, but I think he could run better than his price. Has a nice pedigree, dam’s half sister placed at Graded level over fences in France, and he is related to other chasing winners.

Small bet on Electron Bleu @ 11/2

Good luck.
  • AKD
    If market is any guide then I might have done my money already, it continues to drift on the exchange. Market makes it all about the favourite. Only other one being backed is Etat Major Aulmes from big prices, personally I can’t see why, it’s only rated 102 and has to give weight to everyone else, fitness is the only advantage it has over others.
  • JOEMUGG
    I think its def worth an ew go
    I am not playing tho as I have to dash out for a bit
  • AKD
    Paul Nicholls again. My one unplaced, but I was right about the favourite Paris Dixie. One I was watching was Cafe Pushkin, and I would say he is the one to note for future, possibly next year when he goes chasing. He stayed on very well to finish 4th.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.