• AKD
    OSCAR’S LEADER (10/1 from 16/1) has needed the run last couple of seasons but he was with a different trainer who doesn’t get winners first time, it’s different with Jennie Candlish as she often has them ready first time. It’s a competitive race though, as all others returning from a break are also from stables that are likely to have them ready. Selection had been improving last season with a couple of handicap wins in lower class before he came against a well handicapped horse in Altruism. I think he could still have more improvement this season, and I will keep an eye on him even if he doesn’t win today.

Neither the jockey nor the trainer has had a winner at Sandown yet, but Sean Quinlan has had only 5 rides at Sandown in last 9 years, all those were for Candlish, 3 of the 5 finished 2nd at prices of 25/1, 20/1 & 9/1, the two unplaced were both priced 16/1.

Another thing in his favour is if the going is really soft. Last 7 times when this race has been run on soft or heavy, 6 of those were won by horses aged 6 or older and a poor record for younger horses in testing conditions. Admittedly, 4 of those winners were favourites but other two were 25/1. But it’s drying ground and may not be as soft today, so have to be cautious about that.

As it’s a competitive race, I am not expecting a win, so done a small place only bet and a smaller bet on win.

Good luck.
  • JOEMUGG
    favoir 3/1 for me
    but im not keen on the jumps these days
  • AKD
    2nd but no match for the winner, pretty much what I expected. Happy that I went win and place separately instead of each way.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.