• AKD
    Taking a small break from serious betting, but had a small e/w double today for a bit of interest. Both selections mainly based on jockey bookings.

4:28 Newton Abbot - Nick Mitchell, who returned to training recently, runs DANNY PARK (12/1). Trainer’s record in bumpers is not great with just 1 win from 45, but it was the jockey booking that caught my eye straight away. Harry Cobden has not ridden for him before, and trainer’s record at Newton Abbot is not bad including in bumpers. He has run only 3 horses in bumpers here before, all on debut and big prices but 2 out of the 3 placed at prices of 25/1 & 20/1. Not expecting a win as David Pipe’s horse looks well fancied, but I think this could place.

7:00 Chelmsford - PURE PURFECTION (10/1), Jack Mitchell hasn’t ridden for Jim Boyle a lot since his apprentice days, but has a good record for him and had a well backed winner for him in June. Horse has been ridden by apprentice for last few runs and was particularly disappointing last time when weak in betting. Betting is the key, there has already been a little bit move for it today and it could be interesting if it continues to shorten. Jockey has a good record here, and I think he has a good chance of getting at least one winner tonight, hopefully it will be this one.

Only small stake e/w double, but might have a small single on 2nd one if first one doesn’t do anything.

Good luck.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.