• AKD
    This maiden hurdle often includes one or two horses that go on to win at Graded level, and in recent seasons a couple of horses that have gone on to win at Cheltenham, most notably last season’s Arkle winner Put The Kettle On who had finished 2nd in this race two years ago for Henry De Bromhead, so it might be interesting to see how the short priced favourite Gaspard Du Seuil runs for same stable today. Betting makes this a two horse race between this one and Elliott horse, and that’s how it may well turn out, but I have taken a small chance on FIVE HELMETS (12/1), who makes his hurdling debut. He has been running well on flat from marks in mid 70s. I don’t usually like backing flat horses in these races, but there are some good jumpers in the family. His half brothers Kings Realm (hurdles winner OR 113) and Havana Beat (hurdles winner OR 124) both made successful transition from flat to hurdles and dam is related to Grade 1 winning hurdler No Refuge. So I am hoping this will jump well enough today.

Not expecting a lot though as this race usually goes to the favourite, 9 of the last 12 have been won by favourite, and biggest priced winner has been 10/1.

Small e/w bet on Five Helmets @ 12/1

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Went off at 9/2 (I swear I didn’t put that much on it), but was poor in the race itself, jumping needs to improve a lot if he is going to win.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.