• AKD
    ISHVARA deserves a change in luck after running some good races in defeat. She has finished 2nd on 3 of last 4 starts, all at big prices, latest of those was behind the in-form stablemate Blue De Vega. In between those 2nd places, she was disappointing when upped to Listed class but there too she didn’t get much luck in running. Robert Cowell knows this family well, having trained her siblings and dam and also dam’s sister Jwala, who went on to win the Nunthorpe for him. That filly continued to improve with experience, and I think this one still has more improvement to come too. Soft going is not a problem for her as she has run well on soft and heavy too, though I would have preferred drier conditions as then it would have been easier to rule out some of the older horses in race. In last 20 years, horses 6 and older have won this race 4 times from 57 runners when going has been soft or heavy, compared to 0 from 72 on drier going. From the older horses, I think Orvar is the main danger, he actually ran in this race 4 years ago, finishing 12th of 21 when trained by Cowell, but other than that he has a good record here. Venturous is another one that could run well. But I hope Ishvara can continue her improvement and get a deserved win.

Small bet on Ishvara @ 8/1

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Never got into it today, last and eased down. Ground is quite bad, but that’s not an excuse as I thought she would handle it.
  • Valuefinder
    Yeah, big drift and then never got into it (although got blocked as started to make a run just after half way). Winner hacked up but Orvar placed (loves Donny, even though the ground not ideal).
  • Stevie Wonder
    Alas his chances were scuppered when Mick Fitz said he fancied it ☹
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.