• Mugz
    If you have selections for Glorious Goodwood then post them in this forum please. This will make it easier for anyone out and about to find them. After the festival I will move everything back into UK Racing.
  • Dave Suddy
    A little Patent.

1.50 Alfharris
    2.25 Dark Vision
    3.00 Emmaus

Good luck today,
    Dave Suddy
  • The racing voice
    150 Afaak potentially a group horse running in a handicap 2nd in the royal hunt cup at Ascot. At 7/1 it's an each way bet.
  • MrForce
    1:50 Not So Sleepy (Adam Kirby's race, won the last 3)
    2:25 Dark Vision (Hosed up @ York more to come?)
    3:00 D'Bai (must have EW chance)
    4:45 El Astronaute & A Momentofmadness (A repeat of last year) (RFC & 1x 3 x5 CTC)
    5:15 Lady In Question (Should be thereabouts on current form) (9 x 13 x 14 CTC)
  • AKD
    Haven’t bet on it yet, but was looking into top trainer betting, Mark Johnston is as expected the favourite having been top trainer at this festival for 5 of last 10 seasons and 4 from last 6.

2008 - R Hannon (Snr)
    2009 - M Johnston
    2010 - R Hannon (Snr)
    2011 - R Hannon (Snr)
    2012 - M Johnston
    2013 - R Hannon (Snr)
    2014 - M Johnston
    2015 - R Hannon (Jnr)
    2016 - M Johnston
    2017 - M Johnston
    2018 - ????

Betting; M Johnston 11/8, J Gosden 15/8, A O’Brien 4/1, M Stoute 13/2, R Hannon 10/1
  • AKD
    Backing Mark Johnston runners in last 10 last years at GG has produced LSP of +79 at SP (+147 at Betfair SP) from 295 bets, and shown profit on 7 out of 10 years. That’s why I haven’t done the bet on top trainer yet, thinking it maybe better to back all his runners individually? Any thoughts welcome.
  • AKD
    I have had 1 bet so far.

1:50 - MEDRANO each way, 4 places @ 12/1

Interesting stat about the race that 8 of last 10 winners had exactly 3 career wins prior to this. Medrano doesn’t meet that stat with just 2 wins but he has run well here before, finishing 4th of 9 in the Gordon Stakes 3 years ago. Missed 2 years through injury but has been making some progress this year, and could be well handicapped on old form. Rain at weekend wouldn’t have done his chances any harm, and interesting that Silvestre de Sousa is riding for first time (he is 4 from 10 for Daniel Kubler with +33 LSP), so hopefully he will run well.
  • coss
    singles and a double goodluck all

Poyle Vinnie
    16:45 Goodwood

3.00 goodwood
    So Beloved
  • The Toon
    Small double Alfarris 1.50. Confiding 2.25
  • The racing voice
    Afaak 4th unlucky in running? Well I will let others form their own opinion. Small profit as bet with Paddy Power who where paying out for on 4 places.
  • AKD
    I have had 1 bet so far.

1:50 - MEDRANO each way, 4 places 12/1

Interesting stat about the race that 8 of last 10 winners had exactly 3 career wins prior to this. Medrano doesn’t meet that stat with just 2 wins but he has run well here before, finishing 4th of 9 in the Gordon Stakes 3 years ago. Missed 2 years through injury but has been making some progress this year, and could be well handicapped on old form. Rain at weekend wouldn’t have done his chances any harm, and interesting that Silvestre de Sousa is riding for first time (he is 4 from 10 for Daniel Kubler with +33 LSP), so hopefully he will run well.
    AKD

Stone last. Shoud have stuck with stats as first two both had 3 wins.
  • AKD
    Backing Mark Johnston runners in last 10 last years at GG has produced LSP of +79 at SP (+147 at Betfair SP) from 295 bets, and shown profit on 7 out of 10 years. That’s why I haven’t done the bet on top trainer yet, thinking it maybe better to back all his runners individually? Any thoughts welcome.AKD

He is off the mark in 2nd race.
  • AKD
    Backed Sir Dancealot in the next, Dbai a danger but it’s an open looking race.
  • AKD
    Phew, Sir Dancealot got ther just in the nick of time. Had a little on IDAHO in the next, 10/1 could be a big price if he stays the trip. Desert Skyline could also run well.
  • AKD
    Idaho 3rd, but front two pulled well clear.

It’s been favourites day so far, can another one go in? I think El Mureib (2/1) is the one to beat in next, small bet for me and a saver on Reeves. I think two Charles Hills’ runners Rhydwyn and Conspiritor may run well but both are big prices.
  • AKD
    A little Patent.

1.50 Alfharris
    2.25 Dark Vision
    3.00 Emmaus

Good luck today,
    Dave Suddy
    Dave Suddy

Two good winners for a nice profit. Well done.
  • Mugz
    A little Patent.

1.50 Alfharris
    2.25 Dark Vision
    3.00 Emmaus
    Dave Suddy

Well done with the DOUBLE.

:up:
  • Dave Suddy
    Cheers Pal,well done with the new forum mate.
  • AKD
    Just for the record, I did end up backing Mark Johnston to be top trainer. Haggas leads with 2 wins on first day, but I am hoping Johnston will get a few over next 4 days.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.