• owenjohn
    2:05 York Dawaleeb @ 28/1 (B365)

Not advising anybody to back this one, but he's a horse I have followed for a good while ever since reading that Les Eyre thought he could be a bit of a star.
    I think the odds today are huge!! This ex-Hamdan gelding has raced off 94, but is currently donw at a mark of 83.
    Recent placed runs have been promising without winning. The sceptical side of me thinks maybe the shrewd trainer has been ensuring he's done just enough to get in this race, but off a very generous mark!
    I'm not concerned about the step up in class, as Dawaleeb has performed well in C2 events before. e.g. Short headed in a C2 miler at Redcar two years ago, interestingly under today's jockey.
    Which brings me on to the jockey, James Sullivan....he's ridden Dawaleeb twice, with one win and that second, above, which was his last ride on the horse almost two years ago to the day.
    As mentioned the horse runs off a mark of 83 today, and these are his form figures when running off this mark in the past....
    3-1-3-3-1-3-2.
    He has only ever raced off a lower mark, 82, twice and WON both those races.
    Admittedly these were all in lower class races, but as mentioned above that doesn't bother me.
    Finally the stable, Les Eyre who strikes me as a real gent, are in fine form of late....2 winners from 5 runners in the past week.
    The ground is an unknown for the horse, but I'm hoping the feather weight he's carrying will be a factor.
    I reckon there will be worse 25/1 shots around today!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.