• peregrine
    first love was taken out/ then battash has been taken out !now i wont bet ante post since i lost out on this before. what you have to take into account is will the horse make it on the day. but its a gamble and some do win of it, now just think how much the bookies have pocketed of these 2 alone already before the races are run. and just how many punters will have lost , it will be a lot of cash i reckon. 2 favs . be careful betting taking prices in france on the day with our bookies . might pay nore on the french . a they tend to back their own. anyone got a view on this ?
  • Valuefinder
    Paddy has refunded on Love I think and i’d backed Ocean Wind for the Cesarewitch which was voided by Sky. I also backed Stradivarius after the last run at 16s and it was Nrnb then (mid-September), which I thought was ok with Sky.

I think back though and ante-post odds are generally way too skinny compared to what they used to be so very little value in most cases in mi opinion.
  • MrForce
    If people are willing to take long range (ante-post) selections on horses they have no connection with, they are already taking a huge gamble. So what the bookies actually pocket maybe smaller than what you think.
    How often have you watched racing and after the race the prices for the winner has been slashed for said future event. Odds cant be slashed that quick by punters smashing into the winner. Bookies slash prices due to fear and balancing books, they very really take a stand (field) anymore , IMHO
  • slogan
    I have bet Santa Barbara @ 10's for the Bet365 Fillies mile at Newmarket a week today.
    Aidan O'Brien has ......I think 3 in the race and you never know , which one is gonna win.
    Santa Barbara won a 18 runner maiden at the Curragh and afterwards....Seamie Heffenan said he could be the best of his family and that includes Order of Australia , who ran well in the Irish Derby.
    The price is now between 5/1 lowest and 8's highest.
    Its a chance you take when betting Ante Post but I have a good price if he wins.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.