• AKD
    Australis - won over a couple of furlongs shorter here last year from a 14 lbs lower mark. Has continued in good form this season, winning at Wolverhampton from 9 lbs lower and proved he stays this trip when 2nd at Newcastle from 4 lbs lower. Only 10th in Old Borough Cup last time, should appreciate this drop in class but price is pretty short considering there are a couple of improving 3 year olds in opposition.

Caledonian Crusade - well beaten in a maiden here last year, but has made good progress this season, after a couple of good efforts got his deserved first win at Lingfield last time. Steps up half a mile in distance today, but manner of that win and limited evidence from pedigree suggests he will improve for it, only 4 of Gleneagles’ progeny have stepped up to 1m6 and beyond and two of them won at first attempt. Trainer has a very good record in handicaps here, 20% strike rate (47/235) and +57 LSP.

Pianissimo - likes it here, 2 of his 3 wins have come here and finished 2nd on another occasion. Still 7 lbs higher than his last win though, and could be vulnerable against the improvers.

Pleasure Garden - typical Mark Prescott improver, winning 4 of his last 5, starting with a win off 49, he is on 73 now. This is his toughest test yet, but first time cheekpieces could yet bring out a bit more improvement.

Quloob - won over hurdles recently, but that was his first win since 2017. Still 1 lb higher than last flat win, and others likely to have more improvement.

True Destiny - consistent performer, narrowly beaten over c&d last year but that was from a mark of 67, on 86 today, has improved a lot on turf this year. I wouldn’t rule him out and he could win it if the two 3yos don’t improve as expected.

Competitive race, Australis and Pianissimo have chances on their course form, Australis is too short a price in my opinion though. True Destiny’s consistency means he can’t be ruled out, but I have taken a chance that at least one of the two 3 year olds in the race will improve. Difficult choice between them but David Simcock’s record here has made me go in favour of CALEDONIAN CRUSADE.

Small win bet on Caledonian Crusade @ 3/1, forecasts with Pleasure Garden & True Destiny.

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Only 3rd. Good ride from the front on the favourite.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.