• AKD
    Big Bad Bear - only once finished out of first 3, that was when pulling up last time as short priced favourite on handicap debut and stepping up in trip. Most of his form around 2 miles though, and there is a bit of doubt about stamina. And there are a couple in here that will make sure it is a stamina test. Needs to improve on his best hurdles form anyway.

Carrolls Milan - front-running stayer, she has a good record on this card. Finished 2nd in novice hurdle 2 years ago, and 3rd in handicap hurdle last year, likely to give another good account of herself. Was a good e/w option at big prices earlier, but price has shortened a lot now. I still wouldn’t rule her out for win, but might need one or two others to underperform.

Not That Fuisse - only one in this field with chasing experience, ran 5 times over fences last season finishing 2nd in 3 of them. That experience will be an advantage in this novice chase, but didn’t really progress last season and you feel at least one of the others will jump well and maybe turn out to be better class.

Redford Road - won a bumper on reappearance this time last year before going on to win Bristol Novices Hurdle (Grade 2). Had no chance in the Albert Bartlett at the festival, but can be expected to make a better chaser. Nigel Twiston-Davies has an outstanding record in this race, in last 20 years he has had 14 runners in this, 10 of them won (LSP of +6.47).

Saglawy - Grade 2 (Juvenile) winner in Ireland for Willie Mullins, now with Paul Nicholls. Fit from a recent run on the flat (finished 2nd last). Has raced beyond 2 miles only once before, finishing 2nd of 7 (13/8 Fav) over 2m 3 1/2 furlongs. Paul Nicholls 3 from 6 (+2.30 LSP) in novice chases at Perth. Good chance if he can run to his 146 rating.

Interesting novice chase, hard to confidently rule any out. I have had a small bet on REDFORD ROAD (7/4) mainly due to trainer’s impressive record in the race.

Good luck.
  • Stevie Wonder
    No comment after my selections yesterday - GL
  • AKD
    Sorry, no good, I just can’t win with favourites.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.