• AKD
    Bealach - 3rd run since having a wind operation, beaten by a handicap debutant last time at Lingfield but in turn was nearly 4 lengths clear of the 3rd, on same mark and it’s hard to see him out of first 3 but might just win it.

Costello - still a maiden after 9 races, and has been beaten in much weaker races than this, including twice as favourite. Step up in distance and first time cheekpieces need to bring improvement.

Island Nation - disappointing favourite at Chepstow last time (maybe soft going to blame?). Trainer has a good record here, so not ruled out completely but he does need to improve anyway.

Kybosh - outran his odds of 40/1 when a close 4th at Wolverhampton last time stepped up to 2 miles for first time and returning from a 10-week break. Back down in trip today, he has a good record here of 313, last 3rd was from 1 lb higher than today in perhaps a slightly better race. So despite a big price today, he has to be on the shortlist.

Magic Shuffle - ran well enough at Bath last time, but he does like that course. 4th from a similar mark over a mile here last year. Should run ok, but he is fairly exposed and I think 2-3 others may have more improvement.

Muraaqeb - c&d winner in February this year from 5 lbs higher mark, so would have a chance based on that but he was in good form at the time. Recent form doesn’t inspire much confidence though, finished last or 2nd last in 4 of his last 5 runs. Big price today, and it will be a surprise if he can suddenly return to form.

O’Reilly’s Pass - beaten favourite on both handicap starts, including when 2nd at Lingfield last time. That form is nothing special in my opinion, and he has been raised another 2 lbs for it, so not for me despite the eye catching jockey booking, Buick is riding for Elsworth for first time after almost 2 years but has a very good record for him overall (9 from 52, + 22 LSP).

Percy’s Prince - won a weak race over 2 miles here around this time last year, that his only win from 20 and it’s difficult to make a case for him in what is a competitive race.

Saeer - 3rd/7 on return at Chester, but was beaten over 8 lengths. Starts handicaps on mark of 65 which seems just ok. Step up in distance needs to bring improvement, which is possible as he is by Australia but not a lot of stamina on dam side.

Soramond - surprise winner on handicap debut at Leicester on seasonal return but has gone backwards since then.

Topology - 4 lengths ahead of Costello at Windsor. Both of his wins have come here at Kempton over 11 furlongs, but has placed form over 12 too. Incidentally he has now dropped to a mark of 58, same mark that he got those two wins from. He might be vulnerable against one or two improving 3 year olds but might run better than his price of 25/1 so could be worth considering in place markets.

Whitehaven - won a 0-50 classified stakes at Lingfield last time, this is much tougher.

Word Of Honour - didn’t make his debut till age of 4, and hasn’t shown anything in 3 maidens to suggest that he can win this.

For a class 6, this doesn’t actually look a bad race as there a few in form and a few unexposed 3 year olds. At big prices, I think Kybosh and Topology are a couple that could run well. 5 of the top 6 in betting are 3 year olds though, and with likely improvement from some of them I think they could dominate the race. My selection is BEALACH, who doesn’t need to improve much from his last run.

Small bet on Bealach @ 5/2, saver on Kybosh @ 18/1

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Bit of a strange race, 4 horses were allowed to go well clear. My one stayed from a long way back once the race was over to finish a well beaten 2nd. No complaints about the winner, he was one horse that I thought had a valid excuse (going) last time.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.