• AKD
    Flashdanza - showed improved form in first time blinkers to place 3rd at Fontwell last time. Not completely ruled out if building on that but this is a stronger race and he is still a maiden after 10 races so looks a place chance at best to me.

Flying Focus - won at 16/1 on his handicap debut last time. No doubt this is tougher but he is still unexposed over hurdles so further improvement not ruled out. Trainer is 5 from 39 (+17 LSP) in handicap hurdles at Plumpton.

Glendun - had been in good form before disappointing when upped in class last time. Back down in class, he has the form to be competitive. Finished 2nd/14 over 2 miles on only previous visit here. Distance is the big unknown, as he was beaten nearly 20 lengths on only previous try at around this trip. Good chance if he stays though.

Hidden Depths - good recent form on the flat and placed 3rd on handicap debut over hurdles last time. That was just an ok effort as it didn’t look a great race. Still unexposed so maybe capable of better, but price looks too short in my opinion going on what he has shown so far, so not for me.

Honorable - continues to drop down the ratings, but still a maiden after 11 starts (only 1 placing). He has shortened a lot in betting though, and it is Gary Moore so you never know what you are going to get. But I think that first time visor needs to bring about a lot of improvement if he is to win today so I will pass.

Hoot At Midnight - big prices and well beaten all four starts in maidens/novices. Trainer has a good record here and fitness usually isn’t a problem with his, but his runners don’t really improve much on handicap debuts and she is 25/1 so nothing expected, unlikely.

Midnight Jewel - another one making handicap debut, but he has shown nothing in 3 runs. Trainer 0 from 11 on handicap debuts (not even a place) so no reason to expect much improvement.

Oldabbey Bridge - 3rd/12 on reappearance at Uttoxeter (well ahead of disappointing Skylanna Breeze), form working out well with 5th horse winning yesterday. Trainer has only had 1 winner in last 5 years though, and she usually has them ready first time so may not be lot of improvement 2nd time.

Sixties Secret - only win to date came here in a juvenile hurdle. But has also run well here on other occasions. Looks well handicapped judged on some of those efforts, 17 lbs lower now than when 6th/11 (beaten 14 lengths) over c&d in April 2019. Well beaten when last seen in January, absence isn’t a problem as trainer does very well with horses returning after a similar break (2 winner already this season after a similar break including a 14/1 last week). Yet to race on ground this quick though, but if that’s a not a problem then she has a good chance.

Skylanna Breeze - was in good form before well beaten at odds on last time. Has a good chance if you can forgive that run, but there were no obvious excuses so that creates doubts about him bouncing back to form.

Stubborn Logic - not seen since winning a novice handicap for Dr Richard Newland in June 2019. Now with David Pipe, it will take a very good training performance for him to win after such a long absence as this is a much more competitive race.

Sweeping Rock - his only hurdles win came over 3 years ago. As a result he is well handicapped and went close at Uttoxeter last time, but that race was full of horses that hadn’t won for a while - just 1 win between them from 103 runs in previous 2 years, this is a better race than that.

Quite a competitive race, I have gone with SIXTIES SECRET especially as there is good support for her in market. I think Flying Focus will run well too, he was next on my short list so will have a saver on him. Sweeping Rock also has an outside chance, and Glendun too if he stays the distance.

Selections - small bet on Sixties Secret @ 8/1, saver on Flying Focus @ 11/1

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Sixties Secret won @ 17/2, so nearly got a massive forecast too with Flying Focus (16/1) narrowly missing out on 2nd place. Got it right about how most of the runners will run which is always a satisfying feeling.
  • Rodeo
    well done m8.. :starstruck:
  • BONZO
    Well done AKD only chance to get on line few minutes ago due to family committments all day
    so missed your post. Great analysis as usual and top tipping keep up the good work and much appreciated even though I was not able to take advantage and great priced winner.
    Really is top bombing ........................and hope you are appreciated because it is hard to find winners at those odds in a competitive race to win so easily.
    Regards,
    BONZO
  • scrivs
    Fantastic analysis akd.
  • AKD
    Thanks everyone, and thanks Bonzo for kind comments. Feeling quite good about my selections at the moment, but there were times earlier in the year when I was really struggling. It’s one of those things, when you go through a losing run you start changing things and nothing seems to work, but when you get on a good run the confidence grows, so hoping that the luck continues for a bit longer this time. Yesterday, I had picked out Ivadream at Wolverhampton (won at 15/2), but got so busy with other things that not only I couldn’t post on here I also forgot to back it myself, was gutted about that but today’s winner made up a bit for it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.