• AKD
    All The Angels - won a couple of handicaps last summer, but beaten 60 lengths and pulled up in two runs this year, still remains 4 lbs higher than last win and very difficult to fancy in current form.

Arch Melody - both career wins over fences at Wexford, beaten nearly 70 lengths on only hurdles run last year.

Aunty Audrey - in good form, including a close 2nd here last month but she keeps going up in handicap for finishing 2nd, and I this is a slightly stronger race, so I think she is a short enough price, not for me.

Clody Valley - 3rd at Kilbeggan last week, but this is tougher. Still lightly raced though so improvement not ruled out.

Danis Boy - surprise 50/1 winner on the flat in July. Well beaten all five hurdles runs so far, blinkers on for first time. Trainer also runs the more fancied Pottlerath.

Fallen Forest - 0 from 14, only really one piece of form when 3rd at Bellewstown in July but it’s possible that that wasn’t much of a race. It’s a big price so has long shot possibilities but no more than that.

Fleurys Fort - got first win for nearly two years when winning here (2 and half miles) last time. Still couple of pounds lower than highest win, this maybe a slightly better race than last time though. Definite place chance.

Floating Around - good consistent form in maiden hurdles, including a 3rd at Punchestown last time, that race included bumper winners from Mullins and Elliott yards so probably not a bad maiden. Andrew Slattery is 2 from 14 in handicap hurdles (winners priced 20/1 & 9/1) here at Tramore. So a few positives, only doubt I have is that she is a 4 year old filly with not a lot of experience and others may be more streetwise.

Gone Racing - won over c&d in July, 8 lbs higher now but he is still open to improvement. It’s just question of if he can improve that much, and it is a competitive race.

Jazz Ranger - only win came in maiden nearly 5 years ago, and recent efforts don’t suggest he is about to end that long losing run.

Moghram - beaten long distances most of his runs but his 6th at Wexford in March off 4 lbs higher gives him some sort of chance. He is only 4 and comes from a top stable so not completely ruled out.

Pottlerath - 3rd in a maiden here last month. That looks just ok form so needs to improve on that on handicap debut, but that’s not impossible.

Ventnor - another one making handicap debut, represents top trainer, but difficult to fancy on all known form on flat or over jumps so far.

Difficult race to find a bit of value in, the two course winners Fleurys Fort and Gone Racing are likely to run well, I think Fleurys Fort is good bet for place only. But I have taken a chance on FLOATING AROUND.

Selection - e/w bet on Floating Around (11/1 Bet365, others are shorter), saver on long shot Fallen Forest (22/1)

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Poor today, really couldn’t have picked that winner though.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.