• horses4courses
    Monthly competition on a big Irish race day or meeting?
    Starting with Irish Champion weekend at Leopardstown on Sept 12/13th?
    Winner of that picks the next event?
    Anyone interested?
    1599940800_1600027200_N_A_O4
  • Mugz
    So you want a 1 day TTC once a month?
  • horses4courses
    Or multiple race days for a big meeting (example- Leopardstown at Xmas)

The first one in Sept would be Leopardstown Day 1/The Curragh Day 2

Just a thought if anyone is interested.
    There doesn't need to be a monthly winner.
    Perhaps one for flat, another for NH?
  • AKD
    If there is enough interest, I wouldn’t mind running a competition for big Irish meetings, or maybe a mixture of Irish and UK meetings, but with a different format to usual TTC.
  • Mugz
    I have no issue with anyone running a separate Irish TTC, but I cannot comit to scoring it at the moment unless it was 1 or 2 a month. AKD, if you want to propose a format post it up so we can have a look to see if it will work.
  • AKD
    Hi Mugz

Here’s what I am thinking. Have the competition for about 4-6 big race days each month, I wouldn’t be able to score more days than that. Chosen meetings can be either only Irish ones, or we can mix with UK to have half Irish meetings and half from UK. It will probably still be 1 selection from each race like TTC, but instead of points I am proposing that people can stake say £10 on each selection and more on nap etc. It will mean more work for the scorer working out returns, but I don’t mind doing it as long as it’s only few days a month. And then maybe after a couple of months, we can have a final (either in league format or knockout) of all the individual winners. This is just a rough idea, finer details can be worked out after we know there is enough interest.
  • Mugz
    If you are going to use SP then I would suggest limiting it to 3 selections per card. NAP selection gets double SP if it wins. If you allow selections in all races then whoever gets lucky with the big prices will win.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.