• gingertips
    morning all

I usually use oddschecker against betfair main site to get best price. Noticed betdaq arent listed there anymore (nor are ladbrokes, coral) & also read betdaq are now owned by ladbrokes & use it for their own exchange but at 5% commission.

but when I did a search on exchanges got a few others back - smarkets, betconnect, Does anyone bother with anything other than betfair? Also, is there a price comparison site across the exchanges? Oddschecker is getting pretty small now
  • AKD
    Morning Gingertips

I used betdaq many years ago. Commission was a lot lower than betfair, iirc it was 2% compared to 5% on betfair. Main problem was the much lower liquidity. Now I only use betfair, haven’t used any other exchanges, I think all of them face the same problem of lower liquidity compared to betfair. I don’t know of any sites that offer odds comparison between exchanges.
  • john smith
    BF now offer 2% commission but you need to select the basic plan in account settings
  • Jack Trotter
    I use mainly Betfair exchange and Smarkets,

Find Betfair better but SMarkets are a good 2nd.

JT
  • brian1147
    Don't think there would be a lot of variation about the exchanges, it would be too easy to play one
    against the other, any better odds would probably be balanced out by the higher commission.
    Just my thoughts.
  • gingertips
    yeah - all the comments above similar to what i was thinking.

the 2% for basic account on betfair is probably enough to keep most people on betfair.

thanks for comments. will stay with betfair for now
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.