• AKD
    Tried a couple of long shots in the big handicap (2:25), No Nonsense (80/1) & Kasbaan (66/1). 4 of the last 11 runnings of this have been won by horses priced 33/1 or bigger. And horses who ran in the Bunbury Cup have a good record in this, both of these finished down the field in that race but should appreciate today’s quicker going. They are not big prices for nothing though, neither of them has won on turf yet so that’s a big negative, and there is also doubt about No Nonsense staying the 7 at this level, he did finish 2nd in Group 3 over 6 here last season though. So not expecting anything, just a bit of interest at big prices.

5:20 - Sleeping Lion (6/1) has placed on both previous runs at Ascot, including a 2nd in this race last year. That was from 5 lbs lower but this year’s renewal is a bit weaker in my opinion. Looks an e/w bet to nothing if all 8 run.

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Stake back on No Nonsense. Kasbaan (80/1) ran a blinder but was unfortunately on the wrong side and I feel that cost him a place, just missed out on 5th, I should have shopped around and backed with a bookie paying 6 places.
  • AKD
    Sleeping Lion also a non runner.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.