• AKD
    6:20 - Ardera Cross has been a real money spinner for connections, winning 6 times from 17 runs since joining this trainer and at good prices, 4 of those wins last summer including two here at Perth. Mixed well between hurdles and chases last year so returning to hurdles again shouldn’t be a problem. Only 3 lbs higher than last hurdles win here. Quicker going is the only concern as all bar 1 of his wins have come on softer going. But I think 7/1 is a good price in this small field.

I like a couple in the 7:30 race, Brotherly Company hasn’t won over jumps for over 4 years but is potentially well handicapped on old form and interesting that it has been gambled on first run for new trainer. Has run well under this jockey before (9/1 3rd, unplaced at big price on other run) and trainer/jockey have a very good record together, over 30% strike rate in handicap chases. Other one is Walkin In The Rain, eye catching jockey booking as Brian Hughes hasn’t ridden very often for Jim Goldie (they have two today, this one and Pammi in the 8:30 race), record of 5 from 24 in handicaps for the trainer/jockey combination is ok enough but gets better if priced under 5/1 - it reads 23114122211, selection is currently priced 11/2.

I have split my stake on the two in 7:30 race and e/w doubles with Ardera Cross, as well as a single on it.

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Ardera Cross drifted to 12/1 and only 3rd (unplaced). Brotherly Company is a non runner so have put the full stake on Walkin In The Rain.
  • AKD
    No good today. Walkin In The Rain was travelling sweetly and went as short as 1.9 in Running, but found absolutely nothing, not even placed.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.