• AKD
    No strong fancies, just hoping for good runs from these and at least a couple of places, if any wins that would be a bonus.

2000 Guineas - if we go on 2yo form then there isn’t a contest as Pinatubo was clear of everything. But we have to see how he has developed from 2 to 3, so I can’t take such a short price. Looking for each way alternatives, I have backed STARCAT (40/1), who was quite a rare 2yo winner on debut for Hughie Morrison. He was sent off at 9/1, having been as big as 50/1 earlier in the day, suggests he had shown something, and beat a Godolphin newcomer who went off at odds on. First 3 haven’t raced since then but they were well clear of the rest, from the 4 that have run since then 3 have won total of 5 races between them. There is a world of difference between a Kempton maiden in December and a Guineas, so I am aware this is a huge ask stepping up in class but I am hoping he will run well enough and sneak into first 4. Morrison does well at this time of year, and fitness usually isn’t a problem with his runners.

Palace House - MAJOR JUMBO (7/1) finished 3rd in this last year, but that looked a stronger renewal with winner top rated on 112 and 4 horses rated higher than MJ. Only one runner has a higher rating (109) than him today so I think he is an each way chance again with 4 places on offer.

Newmarket Stakes - Waldkonig was very impressive when winning by 9 lengths on debut, but so was PUNCTUATION (13/2) when winning by 11 lengths at Kempton on his 2nd start and I feel he is a good each way alternative to the odds on favourite.

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Starcat only 7th, Major Jumbo ran ok for 3rd, but Punctuation disappointingly unplaced, so a loss on the day.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.