• AKD
    My first bet on an Australian race other than the Melbourne Cup. It’s a nice card at Randwick tomorrow morning and I have been looking forward to having a bet on this race for a couple of days, so here goes.

6:35 Randwick - Group 1 T J Smith Stakes

It looks a strong race as 9 of the 13 runners are Group 1 winners. NATURE STRIP looks the clear pick of the older horses and is a worthy favourite. He has won 2 Group 1s this season, got turned over at odds of 4/9 at Flemington in February but bounced back with a 3 length win in Group 2 over shorter trip here last time, he is again likely to try and make all from stall 1. Santa Ana Lane won the race last year, but it looks a stronger renewal and I think main challenge to the favourite will come from the 3 year olds. Bivouac is the 2nd favourite, he won impressively at Flemington but was then beaten by Loving Gaby at Moonee Valley, he has had quite a bit of racing already and is short enough price in my opinion so not for me. Loving Gaby’s last 3 wins have all come at Moonee Valley, but she is a big danger if she can produce that form here too. But for my each way bet I have chosen EXCEEDANCE, he has been a bit disappointing last two runs finishing 6th, but had gone off short priced favourite for the race won by Bivouac (had previously beaten that horse), but it was his first run after a break, so maybe too soon to write him off as he has had less racing then the other two. He should be suited by likely strong pace and will be staying on at finish. Another 3yo Standout has a good record here but was disappointing on only try on soft going here last time, going was blamed for poor run but they are running him on soft again. He needs to improve but is a big price and could run well if he takes his chance.

So my bets are split stake, win bet on Nature Strip @ 5/2, win and place on Exceedance @ 12/1 & 5/2

Good luck.
  • Mugz
    Good luck AKD, I will be up.

I like a bit of Aussie racing, although I cant claim too much success at it.
  • Mugz
    Nature Strip destroys the field with a dominant front running performance.

:clap:
  • AKD
    Thanks Mugz. Nature Strip made all as expected and won by easy 2 lengths. Other selection Exccedance never got going and was a disappointing 9th. Profit made.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.