• The Clinic
    1.30 Supreme
    I’ve got it down to Shishkin & Asterion Forlonges. There’s no doubt Shishkin has the best engine in the race but it’s whether everything will go to plan. If it does and he’s in contention turning for home I know who I want coming up the hill. But I’m not Nico De Boinville’s biggest fan. I can see Asterion Forlonges sat third on the rail and getting a dream ride round and that will gallop on all day up the hill in the soft so that’s a big danger especially if he takes a length around the bend. Abacadabras is a strong traveller but doesn’t finish his races off well enough for me & Chantry House doesn’t cover ground as quick as Shishkin.

2.10 Arkle
    Got to be between Notebook & Fakir D’Oudairies. Mixed up doubles with the 2 in the first. Brewin’upastorm likes to wait out the back, you have to be in the race to win. One jumping mistake and he’s out the race especially with these 2 galloping and jumping at the front. Cash Back has a weak mind for me and that’s why the headgears on. Just can’t see the rest being up to it. Fakir can turn the form around from last time and is probably quicker on the flat but if Notebook is jumping like a stag then that can win him the race.

2.50 Ultima
    E/W bets on Vinndication & The Conditional. Both should run a huge race. The class edge goes to Vinndication. 3 lengths off Defi Du Seuil, won last time out easily in the Ascot handicap, you could say he should be a lot shorter. The Conditional has been bang in form, won the last time he came here and he’s used to these conditions and a big field so no worries with him to run his race.

3.30 Champion
    I think people are looking into this race too much. Epatante stands out like a sore thumb to me. My only worry with her is if she’ll like Cheltenham but I’m gonna trust that it was the flu jab that knackered her last year. She travels, hurdles and quickens and she gets 7lbs. Never liked Cilaos Emery, Pentland Hills is a tramp and the rest don’t cut the mustard. Although, I think Darasso is far too big at 40/1 in a race like this. Have a few bob E/W. Definitely got a lot of ability and an engine but a horse that needs everything to go right and the fast pace and track could be perfect for him.

4.10 Mares
    Benie Des Dieux has to be the pick. The fact she’s been there and done it, won higher class races and jumps slicker than Honeysuckle. Also will track her so she’s got the advantage and Willie Mullins will set it up to get Honeysuckle at it.

4.50 Northern Trust
    Imperial Aura & Knight In Dubai both E/W. This is pretty much a repeat of Imperial Aura’s last race here and ran a blinder so cant see why he won’t again. No Simply The Betts in the race this time might see him win. Knight In Dubai gets rolling, loves the ground and jumps well. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him still tanking in the back straight. He’s got enough to stay there at the end too but it’s possible there might be a couple too strong for him up the hill.

5.30 National Hunt
    Carefully Selected. Could be a banker. I thought the only slight danger was Ravenhill but then Ravenhill comes from off the pace and Carefully Selected dictates from the front. You can’t give the best horse their own way. Definitely stays for me. Loves the ground and you’d think he looks quite slow but he’s beat quite highly rated horses over 2m 4 so these plodders aren’t gonna trouble him. Wouldn’t surprise me if he got slammed in and went off odds on.
  • Mugz
    Very decent day. Will there be a day 2 post?

:clap:
  • Maxh
    Excellent picking and commentary yesterday
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.