• AKD
    Done a fun stakes yankee on 4 Irish runners today. Stuart Crawford has 2 at Carlisle and John McConnell has 2 at Wolverhampton. No other reason for backing these other than the trainers have good records at these courses.

Crawford is 13 from 40 (+5.88 LSP) at Carlisle over last 5 years
    McConnell is 5 from 12 (+9.38 LSP) at Wolverhampton last 5 years

2:55 Carlisle - Lily’s Gem (5/2)
    4:00 Carlisle - Hidden Dilemma (9/1)
    5:30 Wolverhampton - Hey Pretty (9/1)
    8:30 Wolverhampton - Cliara (5/2)
  • Doubler
    Nice start.
  • JOEMUGG
    nearly number 2 hope you did ew yankee
  • AKD
    Thanks guys.

Yes, Joe, 50p each way yankee, being offered £19.55 cash out at the moment lol, not going to take that. Would have been nice if Hidden Dilemma held on, went evens in running.
  • JOEMUGG
    i was offered about 600 the other day with 2 to run in each way multi both around 4/1
    i let it run and both lost
    but i cant bear to cash out just in case i miss the big one.
  • AKD
    Yes it’s always a tough one whether to cash out or not. I sometimes take a partial cash out if it’s a decent amount. But it’s only small money today so don’t have to make a decision.
  • JOEMUGG
    nice drift well done
  • AKD
    Thanks Joe. Shame about Hey Pretty running poorly, even if it placed it would have pushed the returns up quite a bit. Still a little bit profit so can’t complain.
  • AKD
    I haven’t backed these but if anyone is interested it will save them looking.

Just two Irish runners tomorrow at Kempton, both from Joseph O’Brien, he has 2 wins from 7 at Kempton (+3.50 LSP). Both horses ridden by the in-form Ben Curtis. 4:50 and 8:00 races.
  • Tattcorner
    Talking about not taking the 600 Joe, have you or anyone took the cashout (or partial) and then done the double again just in case, which would soften the blow a little ?
  • JOEMUGG
    its a thought to do that tatt but if i place a multi on unless there is a huge drifter that you didn't expect that already gives you a big sum you didn't expect
    i always think to leave on as why bother placing in first place.

my son did cash in about 2k last year at chelts the one he had to run was 33/1 was a good decision was
    unplaced.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.