• AKD
    This is a big price so not expecting anything. BROKEN ICE (66/1) made a reasonable debut when finishing 7th of 12 (50/1, beaten 10 lengths) at local course Naas last month, 5th and 6th who were about 2 lengths ahead of him were rated 72 & 70. He was 3 and half lengths behind the runner up Hazran who is the 2nd favourite in this race, and was one place ahead of Girolamo who is priced 10/1 today which makes my selection look overpriced as he could improve on only his 2nd run. This looks a good maiden though with 3 horses with ratings in high 70s and a short priced newcomer, so Broken Ice probably needs to improve by over 10 lbs which is not easy. On the positive side, trainer doesn’t wait for handicaps and does get winners in maidens, other than Broken Ice his last 5 runners in maidens have performed like this - 2/1 winner, 4th of 9 (7/1), 4th of 17 (25/1), 2nd of 15 (16/1), 3rd of 12 (16/1), so his runners often run better than their odds in maidens and I hope this one will too.

Small e/w @ 66/1 (3 places, Betfair), 5 places @ 40/1 and 7 places @ 22/1 available with Bet365

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Didn’t really progress from debut run and beaten about same distance again but still managed to finish 7th, would have been ok if backed for 7 places at 22/1, but sadly I was a bit more hopeful and only backed 3 and 5 places.
  • Tattcorner
    Had a quid e/w when Bet365 were going 28/1 for 7 places, so thanks AKD
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.