• AKD
    Only fancy a couple of short ones today, prices too short to back as singles so only done a double.

4:45 Gowran Park - difficult to separate MASTER SPEAKER (2/1) and Tennessee Wildcat, both rated 88 and carrying same weight, both were disappointing in big handicaps last time and nw drop to claiming company for first time. Master Speaker was disappointing on last couple of runs in big handicaps at Galway but had won a handicap at Killarney prior to that, he has a good chance of returning to form on this big drop in class, I prefer him to TW who hasn’t had as much racing as selection this season and last ran 34 days ago, both horses are 9 year old and in my view fitness becomes a bigger factor in older horses and that has played a part in my decision. Of others, Eastern Racer has been running well but twice this year he has finished well behind Master Speaker in handicaps where he would have been on better terms than today, so it will be a shock if he can turn things around.

7:40 Kempton - DARGEL (11/10) won so easily (by 4 and half lengths) over this c&d last week that it’s hard to oppose him under a penalty as he is still 4 lbs well in. This race is not much better than last week, and although Universal Effect is also in good form having won last week, I think Dargel will be tough to beat if running to same level as last week.

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Market told a story on Master Speaker, huge drift out to 9/2 and never in the race.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.