• AKD
    3:40 Newbury

I am probably mad backing a big priced outsider, especially as this race usually goes to those at head of market, in last 20 years you would have made a 7 pts profit at SP backing all runners priced 5/1 or shorter. But I am having a bit of fun with a small bet on a huge price hoping it will run better than the price. BACCHALOT (150/1, 5 places) is yet to place from 4 runs but stuck on well to finish 4th in a novice event last time that is working out well, winner Governor of Punjab has won again and is rated 83, runner up Milltown Star has won next two races and is rated 78. This is a whole different level of course, but I think she can be rated little bit higher than her 64 rating. She has shown she stays further than 5f, and that may help in today’s soft going, and pedigree suggests soft going will suit. Her half brother Bachotheque (rated mid 70s) showed preference for soft going, and her dam got her only win on soft going. This is a huge ask, I am not expecting her to win or even place but I think she has a chance to finish in first 10 so backing her in extra places market.

Small e/w bet (prices with Bet365)

150/1 (5 places), 90/1 (7 places), 40/1 (10 places)

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Did run better than her price, but not as well as I hoped. Finished 13th.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.