• AKD
    Going is good to firm currently, but it’s supposed to keep raining all day so very likely there will be a going change by race time. Good going will be ok for my selection but if any softer than that then no bet.

Only 5 runners but a very tight conditions race. Salateen caused a bit of upset in this race last year, but he faces even tougher task as he is worst off at weights. David O’Meara has a good record in this race though with two wins from just 4 runners, as well as Salateeen he also runs Remarkable today who is best in at weights. But Remarkable was pulled up on his 2nd run back from a long absence so there are question marks about his health. My selection is TABARRAK (7/2) providing the ground isn’t too soft, they have largely avoided running him on anything softer than good since early in his career so it’s possible he may not even run if it’s too soft. Even with right conditions, I don’t expect it to be easy as he has to carry a 7 lbs penalty against horses that are rated only 3-4 lbs lower than him. But he is a 4 times Listed winner, and connections thought he could be a Group horse, has gone close in Group 3 (at this course), 6yo now so time is running out for a Group 3 win, possibly target one of the Group 3s at York or Goodwood next month but he will need to win this to show he still has enough ability. Disappointing effort at Newmarket last time with no obvious excuses, only thing I can think of is the two month break as he missed his intended target of John of Gaunt Stakes in early June. He is a horse that seems to need race fitness as 5 of his wins (from 9 runs) have come when running within 4 weeks and he has never won with a longer break than 7 weeks, so that may explain last effort. Favourite Hey Jonesy looks main danger but he is 1 from 14 and trying 7f for only the 2nd time, rain is in his favour though. 3yo Marie’s Diamond has won on varying ground conditions but he is also probably favoured by rain.

I will wait till before the race and will only bet on Tabarrak if going has got no softer than ‘good’

Good luck.
  • jalopity
    Fancy Remarkable in this one
  • Jack Trotter
    GL here fellas
  • owenjohn
    Good Luck bud
  • twobusty
    and its still raining ground big worry
  • JOEMUGG
    salateen one of my fav horses often front runs i was on when he blew in at 25s one Saturday
    however this race is very tough to call
    hey jonesy for me but I probably wont go near at 9/4
  • AKD
    Thanks guys. Going changed to good to soft already, so no bet. Hey Jonesy looks most likely now.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.