• owenjohn
    Not sure where "The Champ" SDS has been hiding for the past week, holiday maybe? I'm not aware of a ban unless anybody knows any better??

Just the two rides for him tomorrow, and I'm willing to give both a chance.

Initially I thought he would be riding at Ponty, if anywhere, as he has a great record there and the course suits his front running style. Soooo was a little surprised to see him on just the two horses at Wolves.

KENNOCHA 2:00 @ 3/1

So, I'll get the major nevgative out of the way first!! Trainer, Amy Murphy, has never had a winner at Wolverhampton from 35 attempts!

In an attempt to negate this SDS has an overall record of 5 wins from 20 rides for the stable (25% win rate), improving to 3 from 7 (43%) this year.

Horse won "snugly" at Lingfield, just over a month ago, under SDS off a mark of 57. Races off only 2lb higher today (OR - 59) . Only previous run under SDS was last September, from an OR of 61, though well beaten was still runner up.

Combining factors make me think that surely this one is going to be in the frame!

BRECK'S SELECTION 3:30 @ 7/4

Not much to say on 2nd start other than looking at RP comments from debut run last week "Slowly into stride, soon pushed along, headway over 5f out, driven along over 2f out, switched right over 1f out, stayed on (op 13/2)" To me sounds like the horse was maybe a little green, so interesting that Johnston sends him out again quite quickly.

I think Johnston could be a key ally if SDS is going to retain his title again this year, and he needs some winners on the board with Tudhope & Murphy firing on all cylinders of late.

Worth a dabble on the double IMO
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.