• AKD
    83-rated Adams Ale is well in at the weights in this seller, but the 10 year old is having first run since finishing well beaten in Ayr Bronze Cup (Last September), though he has won first time for last two seasons there are some doubts as he is a 10 year old and had only 3 runs last season so not sure if he can run to his rating, price looks a bit too good to be true now. He is one of two runners in this for Marjorie Fife, and I have backed the other one B FIFTY TWO (13/2) even though he is also on bit of a drift. Selection has been kept very busy and is having his 5th run in last 3 weeks, only 1 win (April 2018) from 35 for this trainer but has been going close recently. Has 2 lengths to find with the favourite Hard Solution on their run in a selling handicap at Hamilton 4 days ago, but I have my doubts about the favourite as it was his first win from 12 runs and had to be dropped to 5 furlongs, he is yet to place from 6 runs over 6 furlongs with following comments on 5 of the 6 runs - weakened final 100 yards (Ayr), weakened inside final furlong (Pontefract), 2 lengths clear over 1f out, headed and no extra towards finish, dropped to 5th (Wolverhampton), weakened over 1 furlong out (Ripon), weakened final furlong (Leicester), so enough evidence that 5 furlongs maybe his best trip. He may get away with it here as it’s a poor race but 6/4 vs 13/2, I have to go for the bigger price even if it isn’t without questions against itself. I wouldn’t rule out Extrasolar either, he loves it here and his last two wins came over this c&d on good to firm in handicaps off 61 & 65 last summer. Finished ebehind my selection here two weeks ago but that was on soft, quicker conditions suit him better so could run well. He has a double penalty to carry though, so you have to make a decision on how much is course form and conditions worth, I decided to stick with B Fifty Two as there is not much between their prices now.

Small bet on B Fifty Two @ 13/2

Good luck.
  • CMB
    I backed lto so will follow today :up:
  • owenjohn
    Good Luck AKD, I've backed this the last twice, so fingers crossed I've not jinxed you today.
  • AKD
    Thank you both. B Fifty Two ran ok, as did Extrasolar for 3rd and 2nd respectively, not disappointed. Favourite was better off at weights and stayed on well enough to win today.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.