• AKD
    Poor class 6 handicap, and a short priced favourite that I want to take on, Crazy Spin has the best form but 4 of her 5 good runs have come at Southwell (a course that suits stamina) and other one over 9.5 furlongs, so I have a feeling a mile on a speedier track like this may not suit best, she could prove me wrong and win but at 2/1 not for me. Dark Poet is one that has enough form to win a race like this if you ignore last run on soft, but in a race like this I want something at a big price. There are many I could have picked but decided on DANIEL DRAVOT (18/1), needs to bounce back from a poor run at Brighton last time, had run ok in a better race at same track on previous run. He is 3 lbs better off with Smith on last run, who was 1 length ahead of him and is as short as 8/1 today, so at prices my one certainly looks better value. Also may be interesting that they ran him one of the top conditions races last year (where he finished 16 lengths behind yesterday’s Royal Ascot winner Dashing Willoughby). Pedigree suggests he will like this track, half brother Peachey Carnehan finished in first 3 on all 3 runs here for same trainer, dam Zubova was placed on all 3 visits here, albeit in plating company, and her half brother Kings Destiny, who was a useful handicapper for Michael Jarvis, won on both visits to this course. So, all members of the closest family to have run here have run well. His last race looked a very poor race, make no mistake, so it was very disappointing effort to finish 2nd last, but horses at this level can be very inconsistent so I am hoping he has a better day today. Jockey is 3 from 16 (+34 LSP, 4 others placed) for the trainer since start of the year, so that could be another positive.

Hanbury Dreams (20/1) has been getting well beaten, but she has been running in better races than this so it wouldn’t be a surprise to see her run well in first time cheekpieces, I think she has place chances today.

Small bet on Daniel Dravot @ 18/1

Good luck.
  • AKD
    No good, only 8th. Had the right idea to oppose the short priced favourite who was only 10th, winner was also on my shortlist but had 6 horses on my shortlist and couldn’t back them all.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.