• AKD
    Very competitive race, and I will probably regret going against age stats. In 7 runnings of this race, 4 & 5 year olds have won 6 times from 64 runners, horses aged 6 and over are 1 from 45. But in past this race has been run as a class 3, and has been downgraded to class 4 this year, I hope drop in quality and soft going will see older horses be more competitive. The one I have backed today is a 10 year old, DREAM WALKER (18/1), who returns to Brian Ellison after spending a year with Jarlath Fahey in Ireland. Main reason for backing Dream Walker is the going, his record on good or firmer is 0 from 28, but has much better record of 11 from 47 on softer than good, including 7 from 31 on soft or heavy. He gets his going for first time this season, and he is also suited by big fields and strong gallop as he is a hold up horse. This is also his best trip, though he does stay further which would help in today’s going, he should be staying on at end and I hope he can get placed at least. Ellison has a mixed record in this race, he won with a 33/1 shot 2 years ago, his other two runners in this finished well down the field. Another that could possibly run well at a big price is My Amigo (50/1) as his trainer Marjorie Fife has a good record in this race, she has had a 16/1 winner in this race as well 3rd of 19 (13/2) & 5th Of 18 (16/1) from her 3 runners on this race, but he has never won beyond 6 furlongs which could be a worry especially in this going.

Small e/w bet on Dream Walker @ 18/1 (5 places), e/w saver on My Amigo (50/1)

Good luck.
  • insidethestables1
    My man Trackside tells me Right Action is well fancied

Right Action, 15-2, Victor, EW
  • insidethestables1
    Good run from Right Action and ew profit banked, yes
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.