• AKD
    Very open looking 3yo handicap, I had 5 horses on my shortlist and backed two of them to small stakes.

Capofaro has shown his versatility by winning at 4 different all weather tracks and tries to add another but this is a stronger race than the ones he has been winning so he needs to improve again. Similarly, Dragon Sun has also done his winning at a lesser level. Bay Of Naples, although dropping down the handicap, hasn’t yet shown that he is about to strike soon. New Jazz has done reasonably well in fillies only races but runs against males for first time. Other two from the top 6 in betting, Prince Of Harts & Kings Royal Hussar both have possibilities on their last time 2nds and both are on my shortlist, but I have split my stake on a couple at bigger prices. One is JILBAAB (12/1), who won a novice at Wolverhampton last time and makes his handicap debut, he probably needs to improve a little bit on that last run but I think he will be suited by the extra furlong (dam half sister to 80s rated miler Captain Courageous who also won over this c&d). Brian Meehan is 8 from 41 (+20 LSP) in handicaps here, and could be interesting jockey booking too as James Sullivan hasn’t ridden for Meehan since 2010 but Ruth Carr also has a runner on the card so maybe that’s what he is there for and Crowley and Dane O’Neill are elsewhere. Other one I have backed is SOLAR HEIGHTS (9/1), she is the only course winner in the race, she won a novice race here two starts ago, the runner up has lots of 2nd places to his name but the pair were 6 lengths clear of the rest and 3rd & 4th both have boosted the form by winning next time. James Tate also has a good record in handicaps here (18% strike rate). Along with PoH and KRH, Onebaba was another one on my shortlist. So a very open race, that’s why I have given myself two chances.

Small each ways on Jilbaab (12/1) & Solar Heights (9/1), 4 places with Betfair

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Solar Heights won very easily by almost 5 lengths, Jilbaab finished 4th, happy with how both selections ran.
  • CMB
    Nice winner well done mate
  • Archie
    Wd again
  • dodd
    Well done AKD. Great stuff
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.