• AKD
    Typical trappy class 6 Wolverhampton handicap, Fav (6/4) has run well here before but I can’t have it at such a short price, Magical Molly Joe has a chance but doesn’t face an easy task in her hat trick bid as this is a little bit better than last two races, if I had to pick one from the market leaders then I would probably go with Rockesbury, but to me this looks such an open race that I could back half a dozen horses and still not pick the winner so I am looking for one at a big price and had a speculative bet on VENTRILOQUIST (16/1). This ex-Godolphin horse has had 5 runs since his comeback, with mixed performances. He went very close (beaten a nose) on 2nd run at Lingfield, that form gives him a chance but since then he has been tailed off last couple of runs, including in a claimer last time, so be careful if backing as he could easily finish last again. That’s the negatives, but there are a few positives that made me pick him. He has had a 4 month break since last run, and also dropped 3 lbs in handicap since last run and this is even weaker than his last few races. He also has a good draw in stall 1, Simon Dow seems in form (2 wins from last 5 runners) and has a very good record here (18 from 94, +76 LSP in handicaps at Wolverhampton). David Probert rarely rides for Dow, but I don’t see that as a positive as all 10 times he has ridden for him he has finished closer to last than first, I hope it will be different today. So a tricky race, and a risky selection but hopefully he will run well.

Small each way @ 16/1 with Betfair who are offering 4 places

Good luck.
  • CMB
    GL mate
  • AKD
    Thanks, CMB. Never really in it, but kept on a bit to finish 6th, was right to oppose the market leaders though.
  • CMB
    Yep absolutely
  • Bet2win
    The trainer was hoping he would get out quick and grab the lead so when he missed the break, plan B which did not help the horse.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.