• AKD
    I am probably mad to be backing a horse that was beaten 100+ lengths just two days earlier, add to that the trainer has never had a winner under rules, so it looks a crazy selection and it might end up finishing last but I am only having a small bet for a bit of interest. I have done a small each way on BOBS CALL (it’s 40/1 but I have backed it extra places market @ 22/1 3 places), first two in betting are fairly consistent so I am probably just playing for 3rd place. From the 6 runners, other two outsiders St Merryn and River Purple are running from out of handicap by 7 lbs and 10 lbs respectively, at least my selection is carrying his correct weight. St Merryn did finish 4th (beaten 12 lengths) in this race last year from 6 lbs higher so he has a bit of hope, River Purple was 6th and has shown absolutely nothing for last two years. My selection was having his first run under rules in nearly 4 years, although never placed in 13 runs his earlier form was not too bad in context of this race, I think drop in distance may help and I find it interesting why he is turning up so quickly. Other alternative for me was Cnoc Sion, but he was also beaten 40+ lengths last time and that too at this course, admittedly that was a stronger race and he may also appreciate this drop in trip but at 9/2 looks a poor price as he is 1 from 17, and is not an each way option at that price. Top two in betting, although most likely to fill first two places, are not without question marks. Global Domination comes here in good form, but is on a career high mark now following his win two starts ago and all his wins have come over a little further, his 3rd at Fakenham last time, where he was 2 from 2 before, also suggests to me that handicapper may have his measure. Barton Rose is usually thereabouts but hasn’t won since September 2017, and handicapper has been slow to relent. If I had to pick one to win then I would slightly favour Barton Rose at current prices, but sticking with small each way on Bobs Call (3 places).

Good luck.
  • AKD
    It was a crazy selection, finished last. Favourite won easily in the end, all 6 winning favourites so far on the Warwick card, that doesn’t happen often.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.