• owenjohn
    Other fancies at Chester & Ascot

Have mentioned on AKD's post that my two big fancies for the Chester Cup, at 3:35, are TIME TO STUDY @ 25/1 & CLIFFS OF DOONEEN @ 14/1.

1:50 Chester – BARAWEEZ @ 8/1
    Last year’s winner off 89, who followed up over C&D a few weeks later off a mark of 93. Running off 91 today. Has had one run since the winter break, and could be set to follow up here today. Into 12/1 from 8/1 could be worthy of noting from the Ellison stable.

2:25 Chester – FOREST RANGER @ 10/3
    I love this horse, tough as old boots. Again, last year’s winner of the race.
    Last year won the Earl of Sefton before this one, this year finished 2nd in that race.
    Soft ground could be a worry, but you usually get a run for your money from this boy!

3:00 Chester FRANKUUS @ 4/1
    Backed this at 7s last night, as I still believe this Frankel colt has unfulfilled potential.
    In essence a group horse running in a handicap off a mark of 100, was entered in the Huxley here last year (refusing to enter stalls), for whom soft ground should not be an issue at all.
    David O’Meara has now had a few runs to get a grip on this ex-Mark Johnston colt, and we know he can work magic on this type of profile.
    Stable could not be in better form. All 3 runners at the meeting this week so far have WON.
    Danny Tudhope on board. Everything is in place.

3:10 Ascot APLOMB @ 3/1
    William Haggas handicap debutant. Stable in fine form.
    Colm O’Donoghue takes the ride, his only one today. He has only ridden once for Haggas previously and that was a winner at Tipperary.
    Chance taken on this one.

5:15 SUEGIOO @ 25/1
    A real longshot, but ex-Chester Cup winner running off a very handy mark. Hanagan booked, and the good Doctor Koukash would love to round off the week with a bit of a coup I’m sure!
  • AKD
    Nice placer to start, good luck with others.
  • owenjohn
    Cheers AKD. Forest Ranger wins at. Lovely dirft too, never expected 9/2!! :gasp: :love:
  • owenjohn
    BARAWEEZ 3rd @ 7/1
    FOREST RANGER WON @ 9/2
    FRANKUUS nowhere
    APLOMB 2nd @ 10/3
    SUEGIOO 2nd @ 16/1

Close but no cigar!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.