• AKD
    Had a couple of bets at Chester today. Be careful with the going, it has changed to good to soft from good, and it is forecast to keep raining all day.

Group 3 Chester Vase (3:35 Chester) - I have missed the price on this (backed into 11/1 from 16/1) so probably should have left it but had a small each way bet on KALOOR. Brian Meehan hasn’t had a runner in this since 2005, then it was First Row (10/1) who was only beaten half a length in 3rd place. Kaloor placed 3rd in Newbury conditions race behind a couple of these, but Meehan usually runs one of his best ones in that race, his 5 previous runners in that race all turned out to be Listed class at least (1 achieving a rating of 100+, other four 110+), so there are reasons to expect this one to improve as he has only had 2 runs. The two in front of him were King Ottokar and Dashing Willoughby, I would have been happy to take on KO on quicker ground but rain is in favour so I wouldn’t rule him out. Dashing Willoughby should also improve but Balding’s record in this is not so good, only 1 placing from 8 runners (4 of them priced under 10/1). Aidan O’Brien runs 3 and I wouldn’t ignore the outsider of his 3 Gentile Bellini either whose form isn’t bad and he has a nice pedigree.

4:05 Chester - SNEAKY PEEK (9/4) made a nice debut when finishing 2 3/4 lengths 2nd behind Katiesheidinlisa, the winner has since boosted the form by winning a handicap off 80 by nearly 3 lengths. Newbury race probably didn’t have much depth, but they finished well strung out and selection was clear of the 3rd. Selection also has the stall 1 and has a nice pedigree, and her family seem to enjoy this track and that made my decision easier. Her dam Casual Glance was placed in a Listed race here over 14 furlongs, and her half brothers Look My Way & Urban Aspect have both won handicaps off marks in 90s, LMW’s handicap win came here and UA won a novice race here. I dont usually like picking favourites but I think this one has a good chance.

Small e/w on Kaloor @ 11/1
    Win bet on Sneaky Peek @ 9/4

Small e/w double

Good luck.
  • AKD
    I see Gentile Bellini is out, so only 2 places to play for e/w now but hopefully Kaloor can win or finish 2nd.
  • AKD
    Shocker of a day, neither runner ran much of a race.
  • owenjohn
    KALOOR Running in the big race at Goodwood in 5 mins
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.