• AKD
    More of a race to watch than betting in, but I have had a small each way any way.

As novice events go this looks pretty strong as 4 of the 12 runners are previous winners and few others have placed form. First two from this race last year went on to win at Listed level, could there be anything similar in this field? If first one or two pull clear of rest then yes, but if it’s more of a bunch finish then unlikely. Small interest for me on LADY MADISON (10/1), she had a couple of runs over 6 furlongs last autumn and form of both races looks strong. She won on debut beating a horse who had already won two races, albeit in receipt of 11 lbs, the runner up won again next time before narrowly beaten off 88 in a nursery. Shining Armor, who had finished down the field, went on to win 4 nurseries starting from a low mark. It was probably a good performance from selection as Richard Hughes doesn’t get many to win on debut, this one of only 3 debut winners he has had from 112 two year olds. Next time she was a little disappointing to finish only 4th, but the winner won a Listed race at Doncaster next time. There is a lot of guesswork involved in 3 year olds races this time of year, because you can never be sure which ones would have improved over the winter, I am hoping this one has, especially now stepping up in trip. And trainer is going well at the moment, he had 5 winners over last 4 weeks and all 5 were returning from the winter break (that’s 5 winners out of 15 that were running after the break), 3 of the 5 were 3 year olds, admittedly 4 out of 5 were in first two in betting but also had 1 at big price. Negatives, well drawn in stall 11 is a big negative, and as mentioned before this looks a hot race, you have some of the top Newmarket trainers sending their runners for this so this won’t be easy. That’s why only a small bet.

Good luck.
  • FLA
    Nr now mate
  • AKD
    Yes, thanks mate. Not having a bet now as not a lot between leading runners, but might have a very small each way on ex-Gosden horse Astrologer. Form of her last run where she finished 8th has actually worked out very well with 1st, 3rd (won next 2) & 5th all winning next time. Has a low enough draw in 5 too, so if O’Meara has her ready she could well run better than her 50/1 price.
  • FLA
    Cheers I was following ya on the last one before nr so I'll follow on this one :smile:
  • FLA
    I'm glad a followed on the 50/1 2nd :wink: :clap:
  • Mugz
    Great shout AKD.

:clap:
  • AKD
    Thanks FLA, and Mugz. Happy with 2nd place, winner could be worth following as she overcame the high draw and won by nearly 3 lengths.
  • Rodeo
    n1 m8 . :starstruck:
  • dodd
    Class stuff AKD
  • AKD
    Thanks Rodeo, Dodd.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.