• peregrine
    same old tripe from the bookies. they have lost because of tiger roll ? 40 horses in the race and everyone will have been backed. yes lots of people backed tiger roll but come on you bookies are full of crap. you shaft punters on a daily basis. rule 4s . ante post. and you get odds beat on a daily basis though why people back those is beyond me. instead of whinging . applaud tiger roll and just what the horse has done for the sport. you bunch of dick turpins
  • dodd
    Don’t they always lose when the likes of TR win a race such as the GN though Peregrine? A race of such prestige obviously attracts casual punters/mug punters and all sorts, blind fav backers, your nan having a few quid on and so on. Same as every year. In the national especially the fav is the fav for a reason and Tiger Roll even more so after the way it won at Cheltenham. It was well publicised from a top stable, top jockey and with the national usually being a bit of a lottery it definitely wasn’t yesterday. I didn’t back Tiger Roll myself as it was far too short in a 40 runner 4 miler but in the end it wasn’t as short as the change in my pockets but I can imagine most of the casual money went on him.
  • moggy
    Clearly, the bookies can see that the GN course is far easier than it used to be and on goodish ground I can see more short priced, in-form horses winning in the future so value may shrink further I fear. It was a cavalry charge almost to the end! and I JUST wish I had had the bottle to bet Tiger Roll, still I did 3rd and 4th EW and got my money back! Great horse TR to win 2 GN's.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.