• AKD
    Very open looking race, only 7 runners but you can make a case for any of the first 5 in betting. I am not keen on the favourite Sky Seven as I feel he is a bit flattered by his mark of 87, so just to prove me wrong watch this go and win easily lol. I am not saying it can’t win but there are a few in this race that can improve. I will go straight to my selection, MAJOR REWARD, who won over 7 furlongs on his debut here for John Feane last year. He had only cost €14,000 as a yearling but was heavily supported on debut for a stable not known for 2yo debut winners (to make a comparison none of trainer’s other 19 2yo debutants have finished in first half of the field). Form of the the race doesn’t look anything special on the face of it as he was only a length and half ahead of 74-rated horse in 4th place, but the way he won suggests he will improve plenty, he was very green and had plenty to do a furlong out but won well in the end. He is the only one of these to hold big race entries (entered in both British (priced 100/1 for it) and Irish 2000 Guineas, was also entered in Listed Patton Stakes here earlier this month but didn’t run. He has joined Adrian Keatley, who is 6 from 38 (+12 LSP) with those having first run after change of stable. Major Reward’s sire Dawn Approach (also sire of Thrifty One in this race) is 5 from 22 here at Dundalk which improves to 5 from 11 (+12 LSP) on runners priced 10/1 or shorter. Negative is the 6 month absence and this is a very open race with most of the runners open to improvement, but I am hoping this one will improve more than others.

Only 7 runners but I have gone each way on it

Small e/w bet on Major Reward @ 11/2

Good luck.
  • cork
    Thrifty one for me

Good luck
  • AKD
    Poor run from Major Reward, never in it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.