• AKD
    Favourite Dorking Cock has a few things in his favour, winning last two including here last time, and Tom Lacey does very well with this type. DC’s sister Hidden Dilemma won 2 from 2 at Carlisle (didn’t win anywhere else), so they seem to like this track, but odds of 4/7? Not for me, when you consider he has gone up 9 lbs since last win and this is actually a stronger race because this time he is taking on his fellow novices, all of whom have potential to improve just as he does. So I am taking a chance on ROMEO BROWN, who is making his handicap debut. He had some good bumper form, finishing 3rd on debut behind Acey Milan who went on to finish 4th in last year’s champion bumper, and finishing 2nd behind Southfield Stone who won the Dovecote (Grade 2) last month, so the form is there. Has been a little bit disappointing on two runs in novice hurdles since joining Phil Kirby, but was weak in betting last time and may do better now handicapping. Pedigree is also a positive, his dam Santia won up to Listed level over hurdles, and she also won on heavy. Kirby is 7 from 57 (+31 LSP) on first time in handicap over hurdles, which is much better than his record in novice hurdles. And Sean Quinlan is 6 from 23 (+61 LSP) in handicaps for Kirby. All these are positives, but one big negative his poor stable form, Kirby has had just 1 winner from his last 55 runners, but perhaps that’s not surprising as he had one of his spells with 30 winners from November through to January so was due a dry spell as a lot of his horses might be badly handicapped after winning, but I hope this one will prove an exception as he hasn’t won for him yet.

Small win bet on Romeo Brown @ 8/1

Good luck.
  • dodd
    Cracking insight as ever mate. Good luck
  • FLA
    Brilliant :smile:
  • JOEMUGG
    what a price in a 4 horse race quality indeed
  • Archie
    Brilliant stuff mate,
    Thank you
  • dodd
    Different class AKD absolutely different class
  • CMB
    Absolute class! Well done mate
  • calvert
    Well called AKD nice drift as well
  • cosmo2018
    Great write up as usual AKD and what a price cheers.
  • AKD
    Thanks everyone for kind comments. Enjoying a bit of luck at the moment, 3 winners (14/1, 3/1, 12/1) from last 4 bets, hoping it continues.
  • stainless
    Well Done AKD, top write up.
  • Maxh
    Only tuning in now what a fantastic pick
    Your write ups I'm better than any racing journalist on a consistent basis
    Well done one more time
  • Jeepster
    That's some tipping..great stuff !
  • AKD
    Thank you all.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.