• twobusty
    £50 each way alejandro 3.30 good luck
  • Scotstam
    Well played Brian. Deserved winner
  • AKD
    Twobusty vs AKD

Twobusty returns £0
    AKD returns £412.50 (£50 e/w on 5/1 winner Vision Clear)

Big win for AKD as he gets the highest returns of the competition to reach the final, only selection Vision Clear winning at 5/1, Well done me lol, unlucky today Twobusty, but seem great tipping to get this far, well done.
  • AKD
    Scotstam vs Brian1147

Scotstam returns £0
    Brian1147 returns £194.87 (£25 win on 9/4 winner Extra Large, £25 win on 5/4 winner Facethepuckout, £5 win double on those two, and £5 e/w treble on those two plus 10/11 placer)

Another big return from Brian1147 as he gets two winners Extra Large and Facethepuckout, and a 2nd from his 3 selections to reach the final, well done Brian. Unlucky today Scotstam, but some great tipping to get this far, well done.
  • AKD
    So the final will be between AKD and Brian1147, if both can produce something like the performances from semi finals then it will be a cracking final. Good luck both.

Friday 17th August
    Final - AKD vs Brian1147
  • AKD
    Apologies to Scotstam, his returns today should have showed £67.50 and not £0, as he had £18 on 11/4 winner Weather Front.
  • Scotstam
    No need for apologies AKD result still the same.
    Many thanks for running the comp. good fun and best of luck to your self and Brian on Friday
  • The racing voice
    Damn I was going to try and get a price on Brian to win it as he was my original fancy before the start of competition. AKD I saw you as an outsider just like I did myself lol. I was correct about myself, but you have surpassed expectations lol. Good luck to the both of you.
  • AKD
    Thanks Scotstam and The Racing Voice. Yes if I had to put money on someone at start of competition then it probably would have been Brian. I myself am surprised to reach the final, apart from the last match its mostly luck that has carried me through.

4:20 Wolverhampton - Al Mureib
    5:00 Tramore - Flaxen Flare
    9:00 Chelmsford - Final Choice

3 x £20 win singles, £20 e/w treble

Good luck Brian
  • brian1147
    nott 3.05 magical sight  $25 win
    catt 6.10 capla gilda    $25 win    
    newm 6.30 fox fearless   $25 win

3 x $5 win doubles
             $10 win treble

Been an enjoyable little comp. and good pickin to you also.
  • AKD
    AKD vs Brian1147

AKD returns £0
    Brian1147 returns £47.73 (£25 Win on 10/11 winner Capla Gilda)

Brian got the only winner in the final as both players were below their best. Brian’s returns fell short of minimum required for a win, so match is considered a draw and will be decided by penalty shootout tomorrow. Details to follow.
  • brian1147
    any chance of making it on sunday
  • AKD
    any chance of making it on sundaybrian1147

Yes, no problem mate. Sunday it is, I will post the meeting shortly.
  • brian1147
    thank you akd.
  • AKD
    AKD vs Brian1147

Randomly chosen meeting for penalty shootout is Southwell (Sunday)

Both players should make 1 selection in each of 7 races on the card.

1 point will be awarded for each winning selection
    1 bonus point will be awarded for each winner priced 4/1 or bigger
    1 bonus point will be awarded for each placed selection priced 8/1 or bigger

So, potentially each selection can earn up to a maximum of 3 points, for example an 8/1 or bigger winner will score 3 points.

Any non runners will be replaced by SP favourite, if jt-fav or co-fav then the one with lowest racecard number will be chosen.

If after 7 races, both players are still level on points, then following order will be used to decide the winner of match.

A. Biggest priced winner
    B. Biggest priced placer
    C. Total number of winners
    D. Total number of placers
    E. Combined total number of horses beaten by all selections

Good luck both.
  • AKD
    Royal Supremo
    John Constable
    Hargam
    Demon Daunou
    Rose Tree
    Benny In Milan
    Kings Reste

Good luck, Brian.
  • brian1147
    2.20 chasma
    2.50 gustav mahler
    3.25 hargam
    3.55 zebi boy
    4.25 sheelbewhatsheelbe
    5.00 benny in milan
    5.30 kings reste

good luck, AKD
  • AKD
    Result

AKD vs Brian1147

Southwell meeting turned out to be a nightmare for finding winners, just one winner found between two players, AKD went ahead with 7/2 winner Royal Supremo in first race and that proved to be decisive. Well done me (lol), very surprised that I have won, unlucky Brian but well done on some great tipping earlier in the competition. Thanks everyone for taking part in the competition, I enjoyed running it.
  • calvert
    Well done AKD
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.