• AKD
    Only a small bet as this is a very long shot. Corinthian has his first run for Derek Shaw after recently changing hands for 22,000 guineas. He has not run since having 4 runs for Roger Varian in 2016, but Shaw does pretty well with horses he gets from other yards especially when ridden by Patrick Mathers. Shaw/Mathers red hot form is one of main reasons for me backing it, combination has had 7 winners from 26 (including a 12/1 having first run for stable) in past month at 27% strike rate for LSP of +27, they also have another runner in 6:00 race. There are negatives of course, absence of 2 and half years is not easy to overcome, and also this trip looks very much on the short side that’s why I am not confident. Favourite Michele Strogoff will be hard to beat back down in class but apart from him, this doesn’t look the strongest class 3, in Swiss Storm you have another returning from a break after a poor effort when last seen and Mr Top Hat with a record of 1 from 22, so it’s not impossible that my selection could run well.

I have had a small each way bet @ 22/1 in extra places market (3 places, Bet365)

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Completely tailed off, clearly not fit enough, that was always the risk with such a long absence.
  • dodd
    Keep them coming mate
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.