• AKD
    This is a long shot, so only a fun bet to very small stakes.

Top two in betting have shown enough form to be able to win a weak race like this, but at the same time both have had several chances so a shock result is not impossible, therefore I am looking to the newcomers. Gupta is 3rd in betting his trainer does get winners first time, so he is a possible, pedigree is ok, dam only won a weak maiden though and was a well beaten 2nd on only run here. Abbi Dab’s dam Megaleka was a good handicapper winning 8 times including from a high rating of 84, but she never finished better than 4th (of 5) on 4 runs here, and Appleby’s debut record is poor (just 2 wins from 208). 3rd of the newcomers is Termonator and is my long shot selection. He is by Monsieur Bond, whose progeny has a good record on this surface (12.50% record on fibresand compared to 9.07% overall), on the negative side MB doesn’t have a good record on debuts. His dam Easy Terms was trained by trainer’s father Edwin Tuer and won 6 handicaps in space of a month for him, improving from a rating of 59 to 92. Grant has never had a winner on debut but from his 5 debutants last year, he had 2nd (of 9) @ 33/1 & 4th (of 9) @ 25/1, so his runners can outrun their odds. This one is 66/1, and I don’t expect it to win (winner will most likely come from first 4 in betting), this is probably a handicap prospect but hopefully he will run well enough on debut. Very small each way @ 66/1 (3 places) & 40/1 (5 places).

Good luck.
  • AKD
    Finished 5th, so profit made thanks to the extra places market.
  • dodd
    Well done AKD, good stuff mate
  • AKD
    Thanks, Dodd.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.