• AKD
    There doesn’t seem to be much strength in depth to this handicap so I think the winner will come from first few in betting. I was first drawn towards Spinning Pearl as she had finished ahead of a couple of these over c&d three weeks ago when finishing 2nd at 40/1, but I see she had placed in that race previous year too returning from a similar break and then finished only 8th in this race next time, and looking at her record she does run well fresh so not certain to follow it up, but if you can take that form at face value then she is a good price. Caronda was 3rd behind her last time and Power Drive back in 8th, first 3 placings were filled by outsiders so not sure if the form can be taken seriously, and although Caronda is open to improvement on only her 2nd start in handicaps I think she is short enough price considering her stable isn’t known for getting winners on all weather. Power Drive was bit disappointing, but I think he can run better today with Declan McDonogh taking over from 7 lbs apprentice who rode him last time. McDonogh/Charles O’Brien combination has a good record here with 7 from 61 (5 from 24 when priced under 10/1). Power Drive does need to improve judged on earlier form with the favourite Sleepy Head, when the pair finished 4th & 2nd respectively over c&d in November. Sleepy Head was 3.75 lengths ahead, but I feel the younger Power Drive possibly has more improvement to come and represents a bit of value against the favourite. Of others, Drakensberg is another possible as he looks well handicapped and booking of Lordan catches the eye, but Tony Martin also doesn’t get many all weather winners. There seems to be a bit of money for Important Message but he is returning from a break.

I have had a small each way bet on Power Drive (7/1), who imo has a good chance of place at least and with a bit of improvement could even win. Sleepy Head and Drakensberg the likely dangers.
  • CMB
    Excellent work as usual mate good luck
  • AKD
    4 places with Betfair, and if it wins we get a free bet too.
  • AKD
    4th, so no damage done if backed with Betfair. I should have known, how the money came for Drakensberg before the off as I like following that stable when the money is down.
  • Bodger
    Your shortlist 3 got first and third. VWD even though your top pick was u/p...oh ok, placed 4th, even better.
  • AKD
    Thank you.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.